Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Recommended ID Books

Every ID should be aware of the best practices and the proven capabilities of the elearning industry. After all, expectations from an ID has undergone a drastic change (Refer to my blog: 7 key questions every e-learning company should ask to Instructional Designers).

Quickly, I wanted to share the list of books that is said to be a must read for every ID. This list is a product of some 2 days research, so I think you can trust me for the fact that the books will be useful.

I was in serach of some good ID books and now I know what will be on my shelf (or my lap) for next couples of days.

Read out:

. “Design Of Everyday Things” by Donald A. Norman
· “Designing Web Usability” by Jakob Nielsen
· “Metaphors We Live By” by George Lakoff and Mark Johnson
· “Thinking, Problem Solving, Cognition” by Richard E. Mayer
· “Teaching Thinking Skills: Theory And Practice” by Joan Boykoff Baron and Robert J. Sternberg
· “Frame Analysis” by Erving Goffman
. “How To Solve It” by G. Polya
· “E- Learning” by Marc J. Rosenberg
· “Digital Game-Based Learning” by Marc Prensky

Have you read any of these? Will you recommend it to others?

No comments: